1. Start your day with this book. View this image › meme-meme.org 2. Wear what you love. View this image › bestpal.tumblr.com Don’t forget a snack or seven. 3. Do your hair. View this image ›
View this image › 1. Set up a movie theater. View this image › Directions here. 2. Plant a bunch of these giant allium flowers. View this image › binbin.net They’re also called truffu
View this image › 1. The Baby Bean Bag View this image › threesillykitties.com Babes dig bean bags. Get it here for $42.97. 2. The Baby Shusher View this image › babyshusher.com
View this image › 2. 1. This cool tool bench used to be a thrift store nightstand. View this image › thefrugalgranny.blogspot.com You can customize the paint color too. From The Frugal Granny. 3. 2. A refrigerator box becomes a slide.
View this image › Amanda Wachob / Alice Carrier
View this image › 1. A cute way to separate students into groups: Hershey’s Kisses and colored dots. View this image › Studio DIY / studiodiy.com / Via pinterest.com Kids who get the same colored dots get grouped together. Or put colored bracelets into a paper bag and have kids select one.
1. 1. Hairclip View this image › Wrap yarn around your fingers, hot glue a button for embellishment, and attach to a clip for a wintery hair accessory. Find all the details here. 2. 2. Wrapped Scarf View this image › Wrap a skein of yarn around the back of chair and secure with three pieces of leather for a scarf that’s stylish and warm. Check out the full tutorial here.
View this image › View this image › Just don’t drink and drive! And remember to bring lots of water because alcohol + sun can turn a fun beach trip into a day of dehydration and hangovers. Soak pineapple in coconut rum. View this image › Yup. From Lo
1. Inle Lake — 19th-century Myanmar mingalarmyanmar.com commons.wikimedia.org travelphotos.alittleadrift.com commons.wikimedia.org
View this image › 1. Hairbrushes View this image › michellephan.com After pulling out all of the hair, soak them in warm water with some shampoo. Full directions here. 2. Toothbrushes View this image ›
1. The overwhelming scents lure you in. View this image › Flickr: xtracanada / Creative Commons You decide to follow your nose, not your heart. 2. Uh oh. One of the salespeople has spotted you. View this image › The salespeople smell fresh blood. 3. Before you can even answer “What are you looking for?” you’re mesmerized by the beautiful
1. View this image › noordinaryhomes.com 2. View this image › mydesignchic.com 3. View this image › housepopularity.com 4.
1. View this image › designrulz.com A private home in Chelsea, Manhattan. 2. View this image › homesthetics.net A Zurich brewery-turned-spa. 3. View this image › blog.loadingdo
View this image › According to this Quora thread, these are the most exciting new products that people don’t seem to know about yet. 1. Ultra-Ever Dry Waterproof Coating ultraeverdrystore.com ultraeverdrystore.com
1. These are necklaces made from breast milk. View this image › etsy.com 2. So is this bracelet. View this image › 3. So is this pendant. View this image › etsy.com
1. Hobbit Homes View this image › avcesar.com View this image › sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net Your chickens will be the envy of the Shire! 2. Barn Style View this image › Flickr: manyfir
1. Biblioteca Jose Vasconcelos in Mexico City View this image › TAX arquitectura | alberto kalach / Via designboom.com View this image › TAX arquitectura | alberto kalach / Via designboom.com View thi
1. Any part of your body that isn’t covered feels like knife blades slicing into your skin when you walk outside. View this image › someecards.com 2. If dry skin were gold, you’d be the King Midas of winter. View this image › funnyjunk.com Wherever you go, a flurry of white flecks goes with you. 3. Your everyday life bas
1. View this image › Gordon Wiltsie/National Geographic / Getty Images Cliff camping. 2. View this image › Flickr: josefstuefer Skywalking in the Alps. Photo by Josef Stuefer 3. View this imag
View this image › View this image › brides.com burnettsboards.com
View this image › 2. First things first: Whip up some classy invitations. Here are some cool ones. View this image › etsy.com Get these on Etsy. View this image › Flickr: 10052477@N07
View this image › 1. How to Build a Campfire View this image › scoutmastercg.com 2. Tent Tips View this image › rei.com 3. Ever
View this image › Flickr: asmythie 1. Get there early. View this image › Via youtube.com Parking spaces go faster than a cheesecake sample. 2. Never let your kid bring a toy inside with them. View this image ›
View this image › If you want to put something on your door in honor of the holidays, a wreath is an obvious go-to. What’s less obvious — and way more of a conversation piece at your cocktail parties — are wreaths not made with traditional fall foliage. After all, your home isn’t a department store, so you don’t need to make it look like one. So, onward for the Craft Wars wreath challenge! First up, Sarah and Tiffany from Offbeat & Inspired make a minimalist white wreath with t-shirts.
View this image › 1. Bananagrams is great, but GIANT BANANAGRAMS is best. View this image › constantlylovestruck.blogspot.com Just cut out the letters together and prepare for some major scrambling. 2. Take Twister outside.
View this image › 1. Repurpose used potato chip bags as gift wrap. View this image › Flickr: moojieturtle It sounds weird, but they make attractive wrap once turned inside out, washed, and dried. They make great gift bags as well, if you want to put even less effort into wrapping.
1. 1. Cotton Candy Lights View this image › This whimsical take on a childhood favorite was created by Kia from With Lovely. The materials: cotton batting, lantern string lights (white or pink), light pink spray paint, spray glue, decorative paper, scissors, and double-stick tape. View this image › Separate the cotton batting into strands until it’s wispy. I cut mine into 2-by-4 inch strips, separate
1. You might have to compromise a little. View this image › buzzfeed.com Because apartment hunting, especially in a city like New York, is a tragicomic hellhole into which you must fling every penny you’ve ever earned. 2. If you’re working with a realtor, they could help make all your dreams come true… View this image › Disney / Via chelseakboyd.tumblr.com
View this image › Justine Zwiebel 1. This charming invite is made up of handwritten font and a personalized portrait. View this image › Rifle Paper Co. / riflepaperco.com / Via riflemade.squarespace.com 2. This floral design is so simple and dainty.
View this image › View this image › 3. All the Permits View this image › tumblr.com Camp safely and legally by making sure you have all of the right permits for everything you want to do — camping, fishing, hunt
1. DIY Mounted Piñata Head View this image › shrimpsaladcircus.com To commemorate screaming matches at fifth birthday parties. 2. Orange Resin Antlers, $45 View this image › etsy.com Available here. 3. Sleepy Giraffe Head, €58.00
View this image › 1. If you have a hard time brushing your dog’s teeth, squeeze some enzymatic doggie toothpaste onto a Nylabone or rope toy and let your pooch go to town on it. View this image › reddit.com 2. Make your own pill pockets when you need to feed your dog some medicine.
1. Rocket, With Paper and Scissors View this image › Via alphamom.com If you happen to have some cardboard or paper lying around, then you should get on this. And let’s be real — everyone has some random spare cardboard lying around somewhere. 2. Star Jars View this image › Via momtastic.com These bad boys are so cute, you could pretend you’re in every rom
View this image › 1. Classic Sectionals View this image › bassettfurniture.com Get this sectional in a soothing slate gray for classy canoodles. Starting at $6,024, from Bassett Furniture. 2. View this image ›
1. View this image › pawsup.com The Resort at Paws Up, Greenough, MT. 2. View this image › Shutterstock/Iryna Rasko 3. View this image › blog.westelm.com
View this image › 1. A guest box instead of a guest book, where guests can record a message on video. View this image › buzzycraftery.com The technology is now. And besides, according to the experts, handwriting will be phased out within 20 years anyway. 2. A ring bearer who’s also a high-security agent.
1. View this image › photography.nationalgeographic.com Don’t you wanna just slide head first into that icy blue lagoon? 2. View this image › nationalgeographicdaily.tumblr.com Blue Pond, Hokkaido, Japan. 3.
1. Turn a pallet upright for shelved planting. View this image › Via lifeonthebalcony.com If you’re lucky enough to have some balcony space, make the most of it by going vertical. Follow this easy DIY to use a wooden pallet as a raised bed. 2. Layer planters for maximum effect. View this image › Via krysanthe.hubpages.com If you only have a small corner of space, then sta
1. Money belt. View this image › Bring a money belt, or as I see it, the “inside fanny pack” or “fanny pack diaper.” Here a guy wears it on the outside to show you how loaded he is, but in reality, this would be tucked into the front of his pants. This is a common (also paranoid) tourist practice in Europe to avoid pickpockets. Seductive… View this image › travelfeeder.com and lig
1. In a sweet treehouse. View this image › trendir.com 2. In a library. View this image › wordpress.com Mind the Steinway. 3. In a cheeseburger bed. View this image › hamburgerbed
1. Spam Porn View this image › pinterest.com Better than porn-spam. 2. Mineralogy Porn View this image › pinterest.com Rock-hard. 3. Dragonfly Porn View this image › pintere
1. It rains on your wedding day. View this image › Flickr: 54552943@N08 If you’re planning an outdoor wedding you need to have a contingency plan in case of inclement weather. You also need to be truly okay with the contingency plan, because it doesn’t only rain on wedding days in Alanis Morissette songs. 2. Your officiant turns out to be nuts. View this image › NBC / Via youtube.com Idea
View this image › 1. Use the snack incentive while studying. View this image › 2. Save time studying by listening to recorded lectures at twice the speed. View this image › You can use a prog
View this image › 1. Wake up refreshed. View this image › youtube.com / Via thematthewandkallieshow.blogspot.com Get to bed at a decent hour the night before so you can be your best. For this reason it’s wise to plan bachelor and bachelorette parties at least a week ahead of time. 2. Eat a breakfast that is high in protein and complex carbs.
View this image › 1. Use a claw hair clip to hold a towel in place. View this image › realsimple.com 2. Turn teacups into plant holders. View this image › theinspiredroom.net
1. A Dog Shower in the Garage View this image › karendavisdesign.com 2. A Hidden Room View this image › abduzeedo.com 3. A) a Balcony and B) a Balcony Desk View this image › homeapps.re
1. Mini Marquee Sign View this image › ohhappyday.com Makes me want to open a toddler sized movie theater. Instructions here. 2. Miniature Mounted Menagerie View this image › harpershappenings.com “So there I was, hunting for animals on aisle 12 of Toys R Us…” Instructions here. 3. Tiny Glitter Magnets
1. Castle Howard, Yorkshire View this image › Flickr: belowred One of the grandest private residences in Britain, this beautiful estate has been home to the Howard family for over 300 years. 2. Castle Hohenschwangau, Germany View this image › Flickr: prof_richard Schloss Hohenschwangau is a 19th-century palace in Germany, which receives more than 300,000 visitors per year.
15. Scott McGillivray View this image › spousebuzz.com Not only will he help you monetize your house on Income Property (YOU CAN TOTALLY RENT OUT THAT WEIRD DUSTY CORNER OF YOUR LIVING ROOM AND MAKE MAD BANK), his hair does ~that~. Loses points for Canadianness. 14. Chip Wade View this image › mensfitness.com Those pecs (and that head) are as smooth as a well-sanded crown m
1. In this PBS ad campaign. View this image › boston.com Because LOOOOOL: WHO in their RIGHT MIND would deign to watch a show about PEOPLE ACTUALLY MAKING SOMETHING WITH THEIR HANDS AND CONTRIBUTING TO SOCIETY IN A MARGINALLY MEANINGFUL WAY INSTEAD OF TEARING OFF ALL THEIR CLOTHES AND YELLING AT EACH OTHER (NOT NECESSARILY IN THAT ORDER) LIKE LITERALLY ALL OTHER TV??? I would watch the heck out of this show. I would invent a machine that allowed me to travel to alternate realities where this show existed, instead of being a mere prop trotted out for cheap laughs by a traditionally well-mea
View this image › Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed 1. You are so relieved that it’s Black Friday season right now. View this image › Alex Belomlinsky/Alex Belomlinsky / Getty Images And you have this list of store hours memorized already. 2. You’re in a Black Friday Besties group, and this year marks the 10th anniversary of you a
1. Brooklyn Academy of Music - Brooklyn bam.org Weddings at BAM are hosted in the Lepercq Space on the second floor of The Peter Jay Sharp Building. The venue only holds weddings in July, so having your nuptials there is a true treat. 2. The 1896 - Brooklyn
View this image › 1. Neon Dipped Pots View this image › hellobee.com Keep your plants and your home happy even in the dead of winter. Directions here. 2. Lightbulb Vase View this image › blog.f
1. It’s become impossible to enter a new house for the first time without silently judging all of the design choices. View this image › HGTV / Via youtube.com “Oh, it’s…yellow.” 2. You’ve designated yourself the official expert whenever real estate stuff comes up in conversation. View this image › HGTV / Via awfulpeopleonhousehunters.tumblr.com
1. LAPTOP STAND View this image › goodideasforyou.com 2. Cat Bed View this image › ruthbleakley.com This DIY requires no steps, besides forgetting that you left a pizza box on the floor. 3. A Solar-Powered S’more Oven
1. “Vintage! So Adorable” View this image › Found Vintage Rentals / Via foundrentals.com Be careful when using the word vintage, though. It might attract a flock of hipsters. 2. A Velveteen Rabbit-Inspired Shower View this image › Hostess With the Mostest / Via blog.hwtm.com If this one doesn’t hit you right in the childhood, you have some catching up to d
View this image › 1. Colorful Canning Jar Lights View this image › Cover canning jars in translucent glass paint and hang them from chord fixtures to create a cluster of colorful lights, like this blogger did. 2. Paper Bag Lanterns
View this image › 1. Create a light fixture out of jars. View this image › woonblog.typepad.com Similar to this chandelier. Get the tutorial here(original instructions in Dutch). 2. Create a tiered display stand from a few simple objects.
1. Cut Out Boots View this image › You can still show some skin in the winter with these cut out boots by Aimee from Clones and Clowns. Materials: a pair of ankle boots that you are willing to cut (fear not, it will all go well!), two pieces of leather 1m x 3cm, two 3.5 cm buckles (Aimee got hers off an old pair of sandals), a sharp knife, sharp scissors, a piece of chalk, a needle and thread, and a leather puncher (if you have one- if not, there’s an alternative). 1. Draw the sections you wish to cut out on your boots with the chalk. In this project, The boots shown use a rounded shape on each s
View this image › Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed 1. Kool-Aid Ice View this image › learnplayimagine.com With this activity, tots will use four out of five of their senses—giving them the ability to smell, touch, taste, and see the wonders of flavored ice. Instructions here. 2. Crayon Rubbings
1. Use them with bake-able clay to make gift tags. View this image › de.dawanda.com Be sure to poke a hole in the top for the string, and use stamps to display any message you wish. 2. You can carve pumpkins with them. View this image › freshhomeideas.com Tap into the pumpkin with a mallet. 3. Make the most adorabl
1. View this image › Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed For when you can’t decide on which color is your favorite. Groomsmen | SocksTable Setting | Ribbon Chairs | Rainbow Cake | Heart CakeTulle Dress | Bow Chairs | Bouquet | Colorful Tights 2. View this image › Chris Ritter / BuzzFeed A sports-themed wedding doesn’t have to be garish. These examples show how elegant a baseball wedding
View this image › 1. Use foam floor tiles for a softer, more comfortable tent floor. View this image › alittlecampy.com 2. Point a head lamp into a jug of water for an instant lantern. View this image ›
1. This foolproof security system. View this image › cheezburger.com 2. This overenthusiastic sink. View this image › blippitt.com 3. This confused floor tile. View this image › imgur.c
1. I’m Not Mad, I Just Hate You!: A New Understanding of Mother-Daughter Conflict, by Roni Cohen-Sandler and Michelle Silver View this image › Via Penguin Books If most of the conversations you have with your teen result in an upward eye roll, a sarcastic laugh or a slammed door, then this book is for you. Some of the important takeaways include how to focus on the right and wrong ways to respond to verbal attacks and the importance of choosing battles wisely. 2. You’re Wearing That?: Understanding Mothers and Daughters in Conversa
View this image › 1. Pick the right spot. View this image › caseybaudoin.blogspot.com Teepee mos def necessary. 2. Or make the best of wherever you happen to be. View this image › picassomio.co
1. “Display your earrings on an old cheese grater.” View this image › beautyriot.com If you can afford to spray-paint a cheese grater in a vibrant shade of turquoise and own enough earrings to hang on it, I assure you that you can afford something else, ANYTHING ELSE, for organizing. 2. “Use your old computer tower as a mailbox.” View this image › twistedsifter.com
View this image › 1. Squishable cups made from edible Jell-O thewayweseetheworld.com thewayweseetheworld.com They’re made from agar agar, which can be thrown into the grass when finished as a nurturing agent for plantlife. Your next backyard BBQ just go
View this image › 1. Coconut, coconut, coconut. View this image › scratchmommy.com / Via amazon.com Coconuts have a zillion beneficial properties, and some of those are really handy when you’re pregnant. Coconut water has tons of potassium, prevents dehydration, and is loaded with electrolytes. All things you’ll need while pregnant. And coconut oil can help with stretch marks a
View this image › 1. Pencil grips make crochet hooks more comfortable. View this image › dollarstorecrafts.com From here. 2. Turn pool noodles into waterproof garlands. View this image › dollar
View this image › 1. Store scarves in a clear plastic shoe bag. View this image › athoughtfulplaceblog.com You’ll be able to see them all and keep them neat, rather than in a hopeless tangle. 2. Use a curtain rod to organize winter clothes and accessories.
View this image › via Meg and the Boys and Thrifty Decor Chick 1. Prop up some old tires. View this image › diyprojectnetwork.com 2. Fill an inflatable pool with pillows. frogsbeesundertheseas.blogspot.com
View this image › 1. Lower your living room to create a conversation pit. View this image › gaweomah.blogspot.com The bi-level living room will give your home an incredibly spacious yet cozy effect. 2. Turn an attic nook into a pillow room.
1. Invest in an all-purpose cleaner. View this image › Via staples.com Pick a cleaner that you can use to clean literally every surface of your apartment. Ammonia-free cleaners will do the trick without leaving any pungent and/or girly scents behind. 2. Let robots do the cleaning for you. thefrogman.me
1. With a pleasant, simple card. View this image › etsy.com 2. With a strongly worded but honest card. View this image › etsy.com 3. With a very demanding handkerchief. View this image ›
View this image › 1. Install some dummy surveillance cameras. View this image › shutterstock.com Here are some DIY ideas that turn webcams into security cams. 2. Always remember to remove flyers from your doorstep.
View this image › 1. Provide pillows if you’re using uncomfortable outdoor seats. View this image › blrphoto.com / Via stylemepretty.com Many outdoor seats are wrought iron or wood, which can get uncomfortable if you’re sitting on them for long periods of time. The pillows also add an extra decorative touch. 2. Warn your guests ahead of
1. Instead of some lame bar, go to a BYOB art class. View this image › etsy.com Studios, like New York City’s Paint Along, are starting to pop up across the country and offer group rates for private parties. 2. Up the ante with a *figure-drawing* class. View this image › It’s halfway between going to a strip club and a museum, amirite?
View this image › s3-ak.buzzfed.com Before trying most of these projects, you’ll want to remove the label from your bottle (unless you want an eternal reminder that you’ve been drinking rosé from the $5.99 bin). Creative Jewish Mom has some great tips on how to go about doing that. Also, it should go without saying that you don’t actually have to use alcohol bottles. 1. Decorate a bottle with washi tape to make a pretty, easy vase: